Mr E. Peter Walker - Profile
Giving Specialist care with…
Peter Walker is an experienced and artistically talented plastic surgeon operating in Christchurch, New Zealand. He performs a range of laser and cosmetic surgeries…
Post Mastectomy Breast Reconstruction...
If you are facing the loss of a breast due to cancer or other disease, you may now have the option of a breast reconstruction…
Skin Cancer Surgery
Skin Cancer Surgery info…
Skin cancers are very common in New Zealand, our outdoor lifestyle has led to an epidemic of this disease, which often affects important parts of the body…
Gender Reassignment info…
Mr E. Peter Walker is a registered medical specialist and one of the top plastic surgeons in New Zealand. He provides a gender reassignment service…
Mr E. Peter Walker is a registered specialist plastic surgeon and one of the most committed cosmetic surgeons in New Zealand. He is amongst the most in demand surgeons in the country for eye lift surgery, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, tummy tucks and face lifts. For all plastic surgery procedures, E. Peter Walker is an experienced and highly competent surgeon you can trust. He is a specialist in:
- Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery
- Laser and Cosmetic Surgery
- Gender Reassignment Surgery
In his Christchurch offices, Peter Walker works with a professional team, including a dedicated office administrator and Registered Nurses.
Mr Peter Walker's specialist training includes positions from 1971 as House Surgeon, Registrar at Christchurch Hospital, 1972 to 1975, and Registrar and Advanced Surgical trainee at Middlemore Hospital in Auckland, 1976 to 1978, graduating as fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Plastic Surgery in 1979.
Outside of New Zealand, Mr Walker also has significant experience, including:
Registrar at Westminster Hospital, St George's Hospital (Hyde Park Corner, London and Tooting) and The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham, London 1980-1982. He was Senior Registrar and Marks Fellow in Plastic Surgery, East Grinstead, West Sussex 1979 and completed his cosmetic surgical training under the world leading cosmetic surgeon Jamie Planus in Barcellona, Spain.
Some of Mr Peter Walker's original publications include:
- Integrated care of cleft lip and palate patient
- Reconstruction of the lower lip following lip cancer
- Reduction mammaplasty using dermofat pedicles
- A variety of publications on port wine stains and copper vapour laser treatments of port wine stains
- A computer controlled scanner for the laser treatment of vascular lesions
- Thermal profiles of blood vessels heated by a laser
- Rare earth doped eyewear provide safety for safe laser surgery.
Some presentations, presented around the world in locations such as London, San Francisco, Moscow, St Petersburg, Turkey and New Zealand, include:
- Vascular anatomy of Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous flap: 'Head and Neck Symposium' Royal Marsden Hospital
- Reconstruction of the lower lip following lip cancer. British Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Copper Vapour Laser with computer guided scanner for treatment of port wine stains. ISAPS meeting, Istanbul.
- Caecocolon for neo vaginal reconstruction in male to female transsexual
- Royal Australasian College Surgery Meeting, Wellington.
- Colour CT X-rays, the Future of Medical Imaging, San Francisco, USA
Mr Peter Walker has also been a tutor for MSc Laser Physics, and PhD Laser Physics students from 1987 to 2008.